Student Town Planner - Assessments
12- MONTH TEMPORARY CONTRACT
Salary from $37,260.36 to $55,415.52 per annum + 9.5% superannuation + $1,000 transport allowance pa
35 hours per week with access to flexi time
- Opportunities to assess a mix of residential, heritage, integrated and commercial developments
- Gain valuable on-the-job work experience
- Generous salary and benefits – great work life balance!
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Student Town Planner to join our Development Assessment Team. In this role, you will gain experience and an understanding of a broad range of development types. This will include processing development appications, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, providing customer service and advice to our community ans the preparation of planning reports.
Please note; The successful incumbent must be available to work a full time 35-hour week, Monday to Friday during business hours.
The successful applicant will also have an interest in Local Government along with:
- Two years plus of tertiary study in an appropriate course
- Computer / Pc skills and experience in Microsoft Office
- High standard of customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team work skills
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Some previous experience in a related field
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 25 January 2021 - 11.30pm
EEO is Council Policy